About Me

My photo
I was told as a child that you speak when spoken to.So I was closed mouth for a long time, I found my voice and now I can't STFU.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Autobiography of Malcolm X-In Death He Inspires

I first encountered this work when I was 16 years old, a high school junior, expecting my first child, lost and confused in my thoughts for what laid ahead. I didn't know in what position I stood in this world, what my purpose was and what was to become of me seeing that I had no direction or inspirational support from anyone. The books I sought counsel in were my friends more helpful than that of my other teenage peers whose eyes didn't possess any more experience than what I had.
Malcolm first made me feel as if I belonged, I was first and foremost a human being therefore I was never alone as long as this planet was populated. I was a beautiful black woman despite contradictions I would hear regarding my light skin. I was capable of intelligence and the more education I acquired the more powerful I would become as an asset to the black population. The second time around I am more impress by the magnitude of his words and views effect on my life even in death. The Autobiography of Malcolm X should be a must read for young adults transitioning into adulthood questioning their stations. He help cleared the fog in my field of vision that was necessary so I could become a responsible adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill Ur Prescription!